English: The Journal of the English Association invites contributions to a special issue on The Classroom of Literature
". . . . we moved together out of the clutch of the Fates, inhabitors of a world without doom; with a scratching, licking and chewing of pens, a whisper and passing of jokes, a titter of tickling, a grumble of labour, a vague stare at the wall in a dream. . . . "
(Laurie Lee, Cider with Rosie)
- The use of online resources and social media in modern literary pedagogy
- Pedagogy and poetry
- Teachers and teaching on page and stage
- Teaching literature, criticality and citizenship
- Literary scenes of education
- The classroom trope in the bildungsroman
- Satire and the scene of learning
Deadline: 31st March 2017.
Please include ‘CofL Special Issue’ in the title of your submission.
Further information for authors is available here
Queries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org