Editor in Chief
Laurie Goodman PhD
Scott Edmunds PhD
Nicole Nogoy PhD
About the journal
GigaScience is an open access, open data, open peer-review journal focusing on ‘big data’ research from the life and biomedical sciences. We publish ALL research objects (data, software tools, and workflows) …Find out more
GigaDB: latest datasets
GigaDB contains 268 discoverable, trackable, and citable datasets that are available for public download and use.
GigaBlog: data driven blogging
GigaBlog brings you news on the issues surrounding large scale biological and biomedical data from the GigaScience team and guests.
Discover a variety of collections from GigaScience in 2016.
- Plant phenomics: Data integration and analyses
- Brainhack: Open tools for Brain Science
- Metabolomics: approaches, applications, and integration
- Algorithms for Big Data - Great Lakes Bioinformatics 2015 conference
The 20th anniversary year of the establishment of the Bermuda Rules for genome data release comes to a close. In keeping with endings and, thus, new beginnings, the Genomic Open Workshop Group provides a commentary, Bermuda 2.0: Reflections from Santa Cruz.
GigaScience has a key focus on the transparency, reproducibility and reusability of data driven research. Check out the additional integrated resources that help enable this.
- GigaGalaxy: Galaxy workflow server hosting data analyses from GigaScience papers
- GigaGithub: GitHub repository for code associated with GigaScience papers
- Protocols.io: downloadable, citable and forkable protocols from GigaScience papers
- Publons: browse transparent, signed and citable peer-reviews from GigaScience papers
Sign up for Alerts
Register to receive table of contents email alerts as soon as new issues of GigaScience are published online.
GigaScience is a fully open access journal. Find out more about publishing open access research.