About the Journal
Geophysical Journal International is one of the world's leading primary research journals in geophysics. The Board of Editors is international in representation.
Geophysical Journal International publishes top quality research papers, express letters, invited review papers and book reviews on all aspects of theoretical, computational, applied and observational geophysics. GJI aims to publish all papers in a timely fashion. Authors who submit a paper are expected to be able to certify that the paper is original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
The Journal aims to promote the understanding of the Earth's internal structure, physical properties, processes and evolution. Contributions presenting new data, methods and interpretations, of interest to a broad readership, are welcome in the following subjects:
• the complete range of earthquake and controlled source seismology aimed at understanding the physics of earthquakes and the Earth's internal structure;
• the Earth's gravitational field, terrestrial and satellite geodesy and tides in relation to its shape, deformation, internal structure and mass transfers;
• geomagnetism, palaeomagnetism and rock magnetism and their application to internal and external processes and geotectonics;
• all aspects of mineral physics, rheology, heat flow and volcanology;
• geodynamics and geophysics applied to the structure and evolution of tectonic structures and the Earth as a whole;
• the complete spectrum of marine geosciences, electromagnetism and other fields of applied geophysics.