Pricing policy & conditions
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders: USD ($) for orders delivered to USA or Canada; EUR (€) for orders delivered within Europe (excluding UK); GBP (£) for orders delivered elsewhere.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- By cheque payable to 'Oxford Journals'. Cheque payments should be sent to your nearest customer service office.
- By bank transfer to Barclays Bank Plc, Oxford Group Office, Oxford. Sort code: 20-65-18. SWIFT code: BARC GB 22. Please quote our invoice number and subscriber number (if known) as the reference when making payment and send remittance information to: email@example.com.
- GBP (£) to account number 70299332, IBAN GB89BARC20651870299332
- USD ($) to account number 66014600, IBAN GB27BARC20651866014600
- EUR (€) to account number 78923655, IBAN GB16BARC20651878923655
- By MasterCard, Visa, or American Express. Due to excessive charges, subscription agents paying by credit or debit card will forfeit their agency discount.
Discount to agents
Agents may deduct 5% from all institutional and corporate prices quoted online. Please note that this discount is not applicable if payment is made by credit or debit card. Orders from subscription agents for personal rate subscriptions are not accepted.
Please note that full end-user address information is required for all orders, even if delivery is made to a consolidated shipping address.
Note that for tax calculation purposes, combined subscriptions are currently divided into a 58% print component and a 42% online component.
- For print products, non-VAT-registered customers in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and Sweden will pay tax at their local rate, while customers elsewhere in the EU will pay the UK zero rate.
- For electronically supplied services, non-VAT-Registered customers in all EU countries will pay tax at their local rate.
- All customers in the UK will pay VAT at the applicable UK rate.
- OUP has sales tax registrations across the United States, therefore any relevant sales taxes will be charged appropriately. Please provide a copy of any reseller or sales tax exemption certificate you hold.
- Sales to Canada are subject to GST on print products and GST/HST on electronically supplied services.
Individual country requirements relating to the taxation of electronically supplied services (ESS) by foreign suppliers are gradually increasing, and as a result OUP will register, charge and collect local taxes in those countries appropriately. Countries in which OUP are registered for this purpose are currently as follows:
- South Africa (effective date 01-06-2014)
- Japan (effective date 01-10-2015)
- New Zealand (effective date 01-10-2016)
Institutional online access
Institutional subscriptions include access to content from 1996 to the present day and perpetual access is granted to the years in which a subscription was purchased.
Online access includes:
- IP registered access across a single site (customers requiring multi-site access may contact us to negotiate an extended license)
- Access to full-text current content in HTML (where available) and PDF format, plus archival content from 1996 onwards (where available)
- Remote access via secure proxy
- Inter-library loan
- Perpetual access to paid-for content
Full details of the Oxford Journals Institutional Site licence can be found here.
Personal rate subscriptions
Personal rates are applicable only when a subscription is for individual use and are not available if delivery is made to a corporate address. Orders for personal rate subscriptions from subscription agents or booksellers will not be accepted. By purchasing subscriptions at the personal rate you agree that the journal will be used only for personal, non-commercial purposes. Resale of journals purchased at the personal rate is strictly prohibited. Oxford Journals reserves its right to take appropriate action to recover any losses arising from any conduct in violation of these terms.
Personal print subscriptions include free online access to content from 1996 onwards (where available). Access to all content ceases upon expiration of the subscription.
Please note: Many Oxford Journals titles offer special member and student rates alongside institutional subscriptions. Please see individual titles for details.
All prices include standard delivery. Please allow at least 10 working days for delivery within Europe and USA and 21 working days for the rest of the world. Dispatch dates for recently published issues can be viewed here.
All claims for missing print issues should be made within four months of publication or date of order (whichever is later). Claims can be submitted here.
Subscription payments are not refundable 14 days after the first issue has been dispatched or online access has been activated (whichever is the soonest).
CANCELLING UNDER THE CONSUMER CONTRACTS REGULATIONS 2013Your rights
This section applies only if you are a consumer located in the European Union (i.e. you are not an organisation or an individual acting wholly or mainly within your trade, business craft or profession). If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel contracts entered into with us at a distance (e.g. internet, phone or email) under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 ("Consumer Contracts Regulations") implementing the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83/EU. Subject to the exceptions set out below, this means that within a certain period, if you change your mind or for any other reason, you decide you want a refund, you can notify us of your decision and receive a refund.Your legal right to cancel
Subject to the exceptions set out below, if you ordered goods (e.g. a physical book) as opposed to services or digital content, you can cancel your order within 14 days from the day on which you or a third party designated by you receives the goods purchased (and in the case of a subscription, on the date on which you receive your first issue). You are obliged to ensure that the goods you purchased are kept in good condition while they are in your possession or control and you are responsible for any damage to the goods before they are returned to us.
Subject to the exceptions below, if you ordered digital content not supplied in a tangible medium (e.g. not supplied on CD or DVD) or services, you can cancel your order within 14 days from the day of conclusion of the contract ("Cancellation Period"), unless you have expressly consented to the digital content or expressly requested for the services to be supplied to you before the end of the Cancellation Period, and you acknowledged that you would lose your cancellation rights.
Please note that by placing your order with OUP, you are requesting OUP to perform the services and/or expressly consenting to OUP supplying the digital content (as the case may be) from the time of your order and in doing so, you acknowledge that you will lose your cancellation rights.
Please note that the cancellation rights above do not apply in the case of:
- any products made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- (single issue purchases of) newspapers, periodicals or magazines;
- software, CD-ROMS, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed;
- a service if OUP has fully performed the service and you expressly requested for such service to be performed before the end of the 14 day cancellation period, and you acknowledged that you would lose your cancellation rights; and
- supplies of digital content (including online subscriptions, apps, digital software, e-books and MP3) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. not supplied on CD or DVD) if you expressly consented to the digital content to be supplied to you before the end of the 14 day cancellation period, and you acknowledged that you would lose your cancellation rights once delivery had started.
Effects of cancellation
In the case of goods, we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item together with OUP’s standard cost of delivery to you or the price you paid for delivery for the item to you whichever is lower (excluding import duties, taxes and/or delivery charges from you to us). If you cancel part of an order for goods, we will refund the cost of delivery to you on a pro-rated basis.
In the case of services, if you exercise your cancellation rights during the Cancellation Period, we will issue a refund to you on a pro-rated basis.