- Browser compatibility
- Change of Address
- Claim Form
- Email Customer Services
- JEL Codes
- Journal Alerts
- Online Registration
- Site Licence
- Technical Support
- Third Party Data Mining
- Update Your Email Address
Journal email alerts
We offer a variety of email alert options that you can tailor to suit your needs to help you keep up to date with content.
Choose from any of the following free alerts available in your Oxford Academic account:
- New issue alerts – Receive an email whenever a new issue becomes available for a particular journal. The email lists all the articles in that issue.
- Advance article alert – Receive an email whenever articles are published ahead of print (for participating journals).
- Advance article alert – Receive an email whenever articles are published ahread of print (for participating journals).
- Saved search alerts - Receive an email whenever new content is published that matches your search criteria. For example, select a subject from the taxonomy and receive alerts whenever new content is published within that subject area.
First, please make sure you are signed in to your Oxford Academic account. If you don't yet have an Oxford Academic account, please create one: visit https://academic.oup.com/sign-in - it just takes a few minutes.
New issue alerts and advance article alerts
- Visit the Email alerts page (https://academic.oup.com/my-account/email-alerts)
You can reach this page
- from the link in the dropdown when you click on your account name at the top right of the screen, or
- from the 'Alerts' link that is either on the top bar or in the 'About' dropdown menu of each journal site.
- Click Add Alerts for the alert type you are interested in.
- Check on or more boxes for the journals you wish to receive alerts for.
- Click on Add Alerts to save your choice.
- The alerts you have signed up for will now be lsited on the Email alerts page.
- On any journal content page, there is a box at the top of the right-hand column that has quick sign-up links for new issue alerts and advance article alerts for that journal.
- Click the relevant link and confirm your choice in the popup panel by clicking Add Alerts.
Article activity alerts
- On any journal article page, there is the same box at upper right with quick sign-up links for new issue alerts and advance article alerts for that journal plus a quick sign-up link for an article activity alert for that article.
- Click the relevant link and confirm your choice in the popup panel by clicking on Add Alerts.
Saved search alerts
- Whenever you perform a search, either within a journal or across the platform, and have adjusted your search criteria, for instance with the filtering options in the left-hand column, to obtain the results you want, you can save your search by clicking the ‘Save’ link at the top of the page just beneath your search term.
- When you do this, a popup panel appears to confirm your saved search, and there are options to choose the name under which you save it and also whether you wish to be alerted if any new content matching your search criteria is published. Click Yes to receive these alerts. (You can still save the search without choosing to be alerted to new content by clicking No.)
- Click on Save to save your choices.
- Your saved searches and any related alerts will be listed on the Saved searches page of your Oxford Academic account (https://academic.oup.com/my-account/saved-searches).
Also available: RSS feeds
We also offer some or all of the following RSS feeds for participating journals for use in your favourite RSS feed reader. Visit any issue (table of contents) page to see what’s available for the journal you are interested in.
- Current issue
- Advance article
- Open Access
- Editor's Choice