- Collection Packages
- Collection subscriptions
- Developing Countries
- Librarian FAQs
- Librarian technical support
- Library Recommendation Form
- Licence options
- Migration information
- On your website
- Oxford Young Journals
- Print materials
- Print Subscriptions
- Subscribe by Title
- Translated materials
- Usage statistics
Pricing & subscriptions
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding subscription options and pricing models available to both institutional and personal subscribers.
What are the options for institutional subscriptions?
Oxford Journals will continue to offer standard (print plus online), online only and print only subscription options on individual journals.
- Online-only Institutional Subscription - Site-wide online-only access (the 'base price' - 100% of the list price).
- Print-only Institutional Subscription - Print-only subscriptions are available at a 10% premium on the Online only Institutional Subscription. This will entitle the customer to receive a print copy of each issue of the title for each calendar year.
- Standard Institutional Subscription - Print with Online subscription includes a combined print subscription with site-wide online access to the title at a 20% premium on the Online-only Institutional Subscription.
Options 1 & 3 include online access to content from 1996 where published. Earlier content from vol.1 issue 1 is available via our Online Archive Collection
For more detailed information, including the small number of Oxford Journals that are not adopting this new subscription model please see our Pricing Policy and Conditions information on our pricing page.
Are there any Oxford Journals not offering this new pricing model?
Yes, there are a small number of titles that will be following different models for various reasons. Please see our Pricing Policy and Conditions for further information.
If I choose a 'bundled' subscription (print and online combined) will I have to reactivate my online access?
If your subscriber number has not changed, then you will not need to reactivate your online access. However, if you have a new subscriber number you will need to go to Online Registration to register for online access.
If I only have a print subscription, but decide to upgrade to print and online partway through the year, how should I go about doing this?
Contact Journals Customer Services or your agent, who will invoice you for the difference in price between the two.
Will my subscription be subject to a VAT charge?
All subscriptions in Canada are subject to a Goods and Service Tax. Please add 5% to the prices quoted. Subscriptions in the EU may be subject to European VAT. If you are registered, please supply details to avoid unnecessary charges.
Online and Combined subscriptions for bill-to addresses in the UK are subject to VAT. Please be aware that as of 4 January 2011 the UK Standard VAT Rate has increased from 17.5% to 20%.
- For Online-only subscriptions please add 20% VAT to the total value of the subscription.
- For Online and Print packages please add 20% VAT on 35% of the total value of the subscription.