Information for Authors
Please note that the journal now encourages authors to complete their copyright licence to publish form online.
Upon receipt of accepted manuscripts at Oxford Journals authors will be invited to complete an online copyright licence to publish form.
Please note that by submitting an article for publication you confirm that you are the corresponding/submitting author and that Oxford University Press ("OUP") may retain your email address for the purpose of communicating with you about the article. You agree to notify OUP immediately if your details change. If your article is accepted for publication OUP will contact you using the email address you have used in the registration process. Please note that OUP does not retain copies of rejected articles.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
1. Papers submitted must contain original unpublished work and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Authors should submit postscript, LaTex, PDF or Word files via http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/qjmam . Instructions can be found here .
2. Each section should be numbered with equations numbered, e.g. (2.1), (2.2) etc. within section 2, to the right-hand side of the page. Non-standard notation should be explained in the text. Footnotes should be avoided. Contributors should refer to the figures as Fig. 1, Fig. 2 etc, and any subsections as (a), (b) etc and insertion points indicated within the text.
3. Single letters denoting vectors and matrices are usually printed in bold. Scalar and vector products are printed as a · b and a ^ b . The use of exp and /, where typographically convenient, is favoured.
4. References should be listed at the end of the manuscript in the form: (journals) author initials and surname, title of paper, journal title, volume number, year (in parentheses), and page numbers; (books) author initials and surname, book title, publisher, location and year (in parentheses). References should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. It is important to follow the correct style for listing and citing of references. Standard journal names should be abbreviated to QJMAM style, less common names should be supplied in full.
5. For LaTeX submission please use the Journal class file qjmam.cls . A tex file guide.tex is available on how to use the LaTeX .cls file.
Upon final acceptance of your paper please send your source file and all macros via email to the Executive Editor who is dealing with your paper.
This Journal takes publication ethics very seriously. If misconduct is found or suspected after the manuscript is published, the journal will investigate the matter and this may result in the article subsequently being retracted.
SELF-ARCHIVING/PUBLIC ACCESS POLICY
For information about this journal's policy, please visit our author self-archiving policy page.
LICENCE TO PUBLISH
It is a condition of publication in Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied mathematics that authors grant an exclusive licence to the Journal which is operated on the Journal's behalf by the Publisher. This ensures that requests from third parties to reproduce articles are handled efficiently and consistently and will also allow the article to be as widely disseminated as possible.
OPEN ACCESS OPTION FOR AUTHORS
Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied mathematics authors have the option to publish their paper under the Oxford Open initiative; whereby, for a charge, their paper will be made freely available online immediately upon publication. After your manuscript is accepted the corresponding author will be required to accept a mandatory licence to publish agreement. As part of the licensing process you will be asked to indicate whether or not you wish to pay for open access. If you do not select the open access option, your paper will be published with standard subscription-based access and you will not be charged.
Oxford Open articles are published under Creative Commons licences. Authors publishing in The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics can use the following Creative Commons licences for their articles:
• Creative Commons Attribution licence (CC-BY) Please click here for more information about the Creative Commons licences.
You can pay Open Access charges using our Author Services site. This will enable you to pay online with a credit/debit card, or request an invoice by email or post. The open access charges applicable are:
Regular charge - £1750/ $2800 / €2275
List B Developing country charge* - £875 / $1400 / €1135
List A Developing country charge* - £0 /$0 / €0
*Visit our Developing Countries page for a list of qualifying countries
Please note that these charges are in addition to any colour/page charges that may apply.
Orders from the UK will be subject to the current UK VAT charge. For orders from the rest of the European Union, OUP will assume that the service is provided for business purposes. Please provide a VAT number for yourself or your institution, and ensure you account for your own local VAT correctly.
Authors will receive electronic access to their paper free of charge. Printed offprints may be purchased in multiples of 100. Rates are indicated on the order form which must be returned with the proofs. Orders for printed offprints received after the deadline will be subject to a 100% surcharge.
CROSSREF FUNDING DATA REGISTRY
In order to meet your funding requirements authors are required to name their funding sources in the manuscript. For further information on this process or to find out more about the CHORUS initiative please click here .